Prior to any treatment a thorough consultation is carried out to address your health concerns and objectives. Your practitioner will take a detailed medical history, perform a physical exam, and provide you with your individual treatment plan.
During your consultation you will be asked a wide range of questions about your symptoms, eating, exercise, sleep habits, emotional states and anything that may offer insight into your health.
Your practitioner may also carry out a neurological examination, postural analysis and tongue and pulse diagnosis.
Your treatment plan
Once your practitioner has gathered enough information, you’ll receive a comprehensive diagnosis and a treatment plan that will explain:
- Your underlying imbalances and dysfunctions
- Your time line of care
- What types of treatment you will receive
Getting the most out of treatment
For the best treatment results, keep a few things in mind:
- Please show up on time
- Don’t eat a large meal before your visit
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes
- Be sure to discuss any questions or concerns with your practitioner
- Refrain from overexertion and alcohol for at least six hours after treatment
- Follow your post treatment advice between visits
- Keep all of your appointments, as each visit builds upon the previous ones
One treatment is not an instant fix.
True healing takes time and dedication. Depending on your current health and symptoms, you could feel better right away, or you may need treatments for weeks, months or years to achieve the results you want. Your practitioner can give you an idea of what to expect. With a little patience and an open mind, you’ll be on your way to health and vitality.
Osteopathy and Acupuncture offer a safe and effective health care system. This natural approach can both resolve symptoms and enhance your overall health.
By taking the right steps and planting the seeds of health, you are on the road to a healthier you!